Bridges Out of Poverty
The two day training will introduce the Bridges Out of Poverty concepts and how to apply them. Presented in Kialla on 25 & 26 August 2020.
Participants will use case studies to identify principles of change and apply the material to their own practice. The workshop will be run by Nairn Walker from Social Solutions.
The two day training will introduce the Bridges concepts and how to apply them.
– Why individuals behave they way they do.
– How economic class affects behaviours and mindsets: the hidden rules of generational poverty, middle class and wealth.
– How those differences affect opportunities for success.
– The impact of language registers, discourse patterns and story structure on relationships and outcomes.
– Strategies for optimising outcomes with individuals and families.
– The skills of mediation and relationship building.
– Use of mental models to communicate and the development of action plans.
– Strategies for changing program designs, policies and procedures to improve outcomes.
Target audience : practitioners, case managers, policy makers, community organisations, health care professionals, law enforcement, counsellors, employments agencies, social service providers, church communities, welfare agencies and community leaders.
For full details and Eventbrite link,