The role of GVPCP is to be a catalyst and a driver to enable local health service providers to deliver the best care to our community. This is achieved by ensuring:
- Collaborative planning & actions to provide an alignment of efforts;
- Effective partnerships and the sharing of current, relevant and validated Information;
- The promotion of continuous quality improvement activities through research proven evaluation, audits and accreditation standards;
- The capacity of members & partners is built up to address current & emerging health needs by improving workforce capacity through education and providing networking opportunities;
- Strategies that build the health literacy of our services and community are identified and implemented.
GVPCP play a lead role supporting partnerships across all sectors of health. All of this work supports local service providers to enhance whole of community wellbeing and strive to have a community comprised of healthy, empowered and resilient members.
Project Highlight: Benchmarque Training
A productive working relationship has been formed with Benchmarque Registered Training Organisation. Benchmarque hold the contract to deliver four government funded foundation topics to health providers.
Nutrition Chronic Disease Support Foot Health Assessment Aural Health
GVPCP have been able to facilitate these sessions in venues over all three LGAs of Moira, Greater Shepparton & Strathbogie. As each year has proved more successful the allocation of these sessions to our area has grown from 4 workshops offered per year to 10 workshops offered for the 2018-19 year. Attendance has been substantial for most topics with waiting lists created for some of the more popular sessions.