Leaders’ Summit Tackling Childhood Obesity in Shepparton
Greater Shepparton’s most influential leaders recently gathered over two days to tackle Childhood Obesity Prevention in the Goulburn Valley.
During the summit, convened by Goulburn Valley Primary Care Partnership, participants were engaged in a process called ‘Systems Thinking’ – to explore the factors that contribute to overweight and obesity. Solutions to the problem were developed, examined and prioritised to yield a series of priority areas, which our community leaders were willing to stand up and commit to taking further actions to halt or reverse the rates of childhood obesity locally.
Goulburn Valley Primary Care Partnership will now facilitate further connections to drive the multiple actions developed, and will mobilise more leaders from within our community to work together to ensure a collaborative approach to this problem.
Please contact Rachel Ferrari at email@example.com for more information.
Among the leaders participating were;
- Mayor of Greater Shepparton Cr Dinny Adem,
- GV Health Chief Executive Officer Trevor Saunders,
- Local Businessman Adam Furphy,
- Committee for Greater Shepparton Chief Executive Officer Sam Birrell
- and Greater Shepparton Lighthouse Project Executive Officer Lisa McKenzie.
To view the Shepparton News article, photos & video – click here.